Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy Hand-Me Downs!

I wasn't kidding when I said that I'm always getting old clothes from friends. Just today I received 2 grocery bags filled with stuff! Like, a LOT of STUFF. And I can't wait to see what I can do with it all!

So I brought the bags inside, and Skyler and I went through them.


Skyler just dug straight to the bottom of the bag.

The verdict on what we found is pretty much half and half. Some of it is really cute. Some of it will definitely have to be recycled/upcycled. Some of it is headed straight for the trash.




Almost everything seemed to come in twos...

I got:

A couple silk nightshirts.


The pink one is really cute and I'm going to keep it as is. But the white one is too big, and therefore will be refashioned.




Two pairs of pyjama bottoms:



Top: XL purple, polka-dot, silk bottoms.
Bottom: Grey pinstripe bottoms.



Pinstriped blouses.



You might not be able to tell due to the wrinkles, but this one ^ has some little ruffle on the front. I love it.

Pretty, silky, short-sleeved blouses:





A pair of cute, grey mini skirts:

The first one is Ralph Lauren and it's really cute. I hope it fits. Though, if it doesn't, it'd be no trouble to resize.




A toggle cardigan:




A beeaautiful, purple, lace-sleeved cardigan:




A blue, sweater, made from some really really fuzzy yarn:



Two sexy, menswear hats:




A ridiculous, pink, straw hat:




A gold beaded belt.  A brown, elastic belt. And a little, black purse.


I think the gold, beaded belt will probably be a sash on a dress.  I don't know what to do with the other two.



And this white, long-sleeved shirt:


I have no idea what I'm going to do with this.


So, I think the white nightshirt may become a blouse, and the remnants will be used as trim and accents.  The pyjama bottoms.. I have no clue. I've been experimenting with turning bottoms into skirts, so that's an option.  Or, I could do, with the purple bottoms, what I did with those bleach splattered sweatpants that I had, back a few months ago.

The silk blouses may need to be taken in, since my friend likes her shirts to fit looser than I like them to.  The two, felt hats, and sweaters will be used as is.  The straw hat... Maybe I'll make it into a clutch.

These are the materials for upcoming DIY's.  I'll be brainstorming, and you'll see the results soon.

Happy New Year! Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment