Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Brand New Bows!

A couple of years ago, for Christmas, I received a cute pair of black, satin slippers, with little bows on them.

A few months ago, on of those bows fell off, and I lost it.

So, I made new bows for my slippers.

I used scissors, a needle and thread, and 2 equal lengths of black satin ribbon.



The one slipper had already lost it's bow, but I had to take the bow off of the other.  


I tied ribbons into bows, and adjusted them until they looked the way I wanted them to; nice and full, and even.



Then, I sewed from the inside of the slipper, out,



I stuck the needle through the centre of the bow,



And I sewed the bow down with about 3 or 4 stitches, until I was satisfied that it was secure.

Then I did the same with the second slipper.



And VOILA!  I actually like these bows much better than the bows that the slippers came with.  These are much bigger and more feminine.


No comments:

Post a Comment