But, unlike pimples, not all stains go away.
Such was the case with one of my favourite summer dresses.
You can't really tell from this photo, but this dress has (had?) a few fairly visible ink stains on the skirt and the bodice.
Stains 1, 2, and 3, respectively.
I tried every different tip I could find on how to remove ink from fabric but the stains had dried and weren't going to budge.
Then, I came across a tip, in a magazine at school, that suggested fixing holes and rips by covering them with embroidery. I though that would work perfectly to cover up stains, as well!
So, sketched out some floral motifs;
And finally decided on two that I liked.
Keep in mind, as I tell you about my project;
So, I spread part of the skirt over my embroidery hoop, with the stain sitting dead in the centre. I drew one of the motifs over top, and I began.
First, the stems and leaves, in a dark, olive green.
Then, some princess-pink blossoms.
And a white french knot in the centre.
I also started putting flowers elsewhere on the skirt.
For the bodice I decided I'd use multiple, tiny french knots. So far, I've done three.
But the entire bodice WILL be covered in little dots. It WILL be!
This is how the dress looks now.
Not a HUGE difference, I know. I only added three tiny dots and a few small flowers. And one of those flowers is hidden behind a pleat. But this is a work in progress. I plan on doing about an hour of embroidery each night and I should have it all ready in time for when the warm weather returns.